May 1, 2012

ABC Series: GOURDS

ABC Series is back after a month's break. I enjoyed hosting the Kerala Kitchen event last month and would be posting the roundup soon. Thank you, Rose for providing me the opportunity to host this series.

From next month, ABC Series is open for guest hosting. Please mail me at events.ramyasrecipe@gmail.com if you would like to host the event for a month.

The theme for this month is Gourds. Gourds are very healthy veggies. The commonly used gourds I know are Bottle gourd (Lauki/Churakka), Ridge gourd(Tori/Peechinga), Bitter Gourd(Karela/Pavakka), Ivy gourd (Tindora/Kovakka), Snake gourd(Padwal/Padavalanga), Ash gourd(kumhada/kumbalanga), Chayote etc...If you know other gourds,let me know and I will add to the list.



Rules for the event:

1. Cook and blog any veg or non-veg recipe with gourd as main ingredient.The recipes must be posted on your blog between May 1 - May 31, 2012.

2. Please link back to this announcement page and use the logo above. The use of logo is appreciated as it helps spread the word about the event. To participate, all you need to do is to link the recipe using the inlinkz tool. 

3. You may send any number of entries. The more, the merrier ! Archived entries are most welcome. Please re-post it with a link to this announcement page and use the logo.


4. If you have any issues in linking, please post a comment or send a mail to events.ramyasrecipe@gmail.com. 

18 comments:

  1. nice event...will surely try to send an entry !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy hosting ramya..will try to add my entry too..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice theme for the event, will send in some..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy hosting Ramya,excellent theme..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to see this event take place again on your blog, Ramya. :) Happy hosting dear and lovely theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi.Nice event.I have linked my entry.
    happy hosting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ramya for your tip on getting more entries to KK, I hope to get some fab entries from u. Great healthy theme using gourd, I;m sure my mom who is the ardent fan of gourd has a lot of recipes that I shall send some to u:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. although not specifically mentioned chayote is also a gourd no? Hope it follows rule...will be posting recipe later today

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linked my entries, will send more.
    http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ramya.. happy hosting.. linked my entries..

    ReplyDelete
  11. just added mine Ramya. thanks for hosting this unique event.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...